Monday, October 8, 2012

Mrs. Pittman's Best Book Pick... "From the Mixed Up Files..."

From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E. L. Konigsburg is about a young girl named Claudia who has a lot of responsibility at home and is tired of it!  She decides to run away to New York City to live in the Metropolitan Museum of Art.  Because she needs money, she also invites her brother Jamie along for the adventure.  Jamie has acquired quite a bit of money by cheating at cards with his friend on the school bus.  The two of them have quite an adventure hiding out in the museum, and become involved in a big mystery surrounding one of the museum's statues.

I loved this book because I wanted to be Claudia!  I was the oldest of four children with a lot of responsibility and I dreamed of running away like Claudia.  By reading the book, I felt that I went on the adventure with her.  You should go too!

Click here to get to the catalog (copy and past the bold words above into the catalog) or just check it out in the fiction section at F KON.

No comments:

Post a Comment